To help define and guide the actions for 2018, I’ve decided to take a look at social media and create a set of rules to live by (yes, these will undoubtedly evolve over time because damn those algorithms).
- Create value, not for yourself, but for everyone else.
- Create a community.
- Ruthlessly assess why you do what you do.
- It may be difficult, but it's difficult for everyone.
- Monitor what you can, but accept that some things are out of your control.
- Test, test and test some more.
- Be more honest, be more human.
The ideas here are simple but often forgotten. It's incredibly easy to get caught up in the news and changes, but actually creating value will ALWAYS bring success (even if you don't believe it, you should act like it does).
Here's to 2018.